Even in an era of Kardashians, actually making things matters. “Tangible achievements,” Hidalgo says, “whether these are songs, books, works of art or scientific discoveries, are better tickets to long-term immortality than the accumulation of material wealth.”http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/magazine/whos-more-famous-than-jesus.html
Japan’s finance minister Taro Aso said Monday the elderly should be allowed to “hurry up and die” instead of costing the government money for end-of-life medical care.
"This won’t be solved unless you let them hurry up and die," he said.
"I don’t need that kind of care. I will die quickly," he said adding he had left written instructions that his life is not artificially prolonged.
He’s not totally wrong. The bulk of Medicare money here in the U.S. (and I can only assume it’s worse in Japan) gets spent trying to pull out a few more so-so years from elderly people. It should really be going to children who haven’t yet lived a full life.
According to the site, you can:
- Sleep in his arms
- Go out for a date (all costs must be borne by the client)
- Have him clean for you (Simple cleaning tasks like vacuuming, etc., so long as it’s nothing discomforting)
- Eat together at a restaurant (all costs must be borne by the client)
- Have him cook for you (ingredients must be prepared by the client)
And here’s what clients are forbidden from doing:
- Touching his genitals or reaching under his clothes
- Taking a shower or bath together
- Kissing or other intimate contact not specified in the service outline
- Anything that would sexually arouse him
- Contacting him in private without the permission of Soine-ya Prime
- Hidden photography, wiretapping, etc.
And yet Japan’s birthrate continues to decline!?! [/sarcasm]
BitTorrent… has an unusual resolution for 2013: to align itself with the entertainment industry and legally distribute movies, music and books online.
The start-up says it has 160 million people using its two official software clients to upload and download files, one called BitTorrent and a smaller, lighter one called μTorrent.
Gaaaaaaaaaaah uTorrent is an official client!?! Eww.
Shoulda known I guess… for the last couple years it’s been full of shitty “value”-added shit. Featured content, pseudo-ad windows, the fucking toolbar installers…
Is there an alternative client? Should I just go back to uTorrent 0.6 or whatever I have on a DVDr from like 2005?
edit: answering my own question… http://torrentfreak.com/top-10-utorrent-alternatives-120819/