some ancient factoids i didnt know in here!
powered by Tumblr.
- The center-conservative coalition… dropped one of its main vote-winning policies: tax cuts for those who work.
- Unemployment is particularly high among young Swedes and immigrants.
- The increase in economic inequality during the last decade was greater in Sweden than in almost all other OECD countries.
- Blue-collar workers and the lower middle class… found themselves on the losing side of a new globalized service and high-tech economy.
- Sweden has accepted more refugees (and relatives of refugees) than any other European country. The influx from conflict-ridden regions such as the Middle East and North Africa has increased competition for housing and employment.
- The comparatively generous social benefit system and lack of low-skilled jobs has resulted in a large number of refugees and other immigrants living on welfare.
- Sparked by discrimination and lack of opportunity, Sweden has also faced the same type of ethnic riots that shook France’s suburbs a few years ago.
As its metal goes, so goes a nation…
so waaaaaaaaay back in ‘96 i took kayo to our first concert, X Japan at the Tokyo Dome, 12/30/96.
or rather, she took me, because i didn’t know how the fuck to buy a ticket or nav the trainage.
so just now in aug 2014 she’s watching Toshi do “Forever Love” (our wedding song) on some japanese talk show that aired yesterday, and she goes “Are they playing here soon?” and i’m like “…yeeeeeessss… do you want to go? It’s the Garden. It’s not like theyre gonna sell it out.”
So see you there maybes.